MKS Supply, a well-known marketer of firearms and ammunition, needed a corporate website to promote their various brands as well as the three main tenets of their business:
- Quality of the firearms they carry.
- Service they provide.
- Value to the manufacturers they serve.
MKS wanted their site to provide a quick overview of each brand, then direct site visitors to the individual brand websites they market.
For the MKS Supply website, we knew that visual simplicity was key. Because they were promoting four brands, each brand had its own color palette, style, and audience. We needed a way to maintain their individual distinctiveness while simultaneously bringing their styles into a cohesive look and feel.
What we did.
- Designed the site with simplicity in mind. By developing an over-arching color palette and carefully planned visual hierarchy, we were able to create a consistent, cohesive user interface.
- Incorporated a simple, yet elegant flag background on every page to add visual texture and depth.
- Provided multiple ways for users to easily navigate to the brand-specific websites.
- Designed and developed the website using non-proprietary, industry-standard technology and methods to allow the site to be easily moved to another hosting company if the client ever needed.
- Made sure the website was built to automatically resize itself depending on the device used to view it (PC, laptop, phone, tablet).
- Provided graphic design and image preparation services.
- Incorporated best practices into the site for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes.
What we continue to do.
- Update the website as new content is added.
- Provide 2A friendly site management services including:
- Website hosting
- Visitor analytics
- Security patches
- Programming updates
- Scheduled backups