Hoffman Tactical specializes in the growing industry of 3D printable weapon systems. From their site, Hoffman Tactical provides free designs for firearms and sells the associated build kits through their online store.
Hoffman Tactical is dedicated to educating the public on how to manufacture their own low cost weapon systems using 3D printing technology. Their motto is to "decentralize manufacturing for a hitherto centralized industry."
Hoffman Tactical did a very good job of designing and building their own WordPress website. However, over time it became clear to Hoffman Tactical they needed assistance with the ongoing technical maintenance and oversight of their WordPress site.
It was important to Hoffman Tactical to find a website company who was 2A friendly and who would respond promptly to requests for help.
At 2A Friendly Marketing, we understand some companies wish to build their own websites to reduce their intial financial investment. Frequently, these companies use a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress where less programming knowledge is needed.
However, WordPress and similar CMS solutions can suffer from security vulnerabilities and maintenance challenges that can become technically complicated.
Diversified helps address such security and maintenance challenges by assisting in the regular oversight of the WordPress website and assisting with WordPress version upgrades, plugin updates and theme patches.
What we did.
- Educated client on the inherent vulnerabilities within WordPress and developed a strategy to make ongoing improvements to their website as their budget allows.
- Backed up the original Hoffman Tactical website and documented all settings.
- Investigated bugs within their WooCommerce shoppint cart platform.
- Implemented procedures for ongoing maintenance and upgrades.
- Improved contact form security.
What we continue to do.
- Provide 2A friendly site management services including:
- WordPress maintenance
- WordPress security patches
- WordPress version upgrades
- Scheduled WordPress backups
- Troubleshooting WooCommerce bugs
- Ongoing improvements to WordPress security
- Provide recurring WordPress maintenance and monitor WordPress security. Because of its open source nature, it is critical to keep a WordPress site up to date for site security and speed, as well as continued theme and plugin compatibility.
- Maintain backups to be used in the event of a failed or incompatible WordPress upgrade or website intrusion by a hacker.