The owners of Full Forge Gear called on us to build a website to launch their new company.
As a new vendor of firearm and sporting gear, a challenge was that they would be competing for market share against long-standing, well-known national brands.
With their offerings of range bags, gun cases, and tactical backpacks they wanted to reach two audiences:
- customers within the firearms industry needing cases for their guns and gear
- customers outside of the firearms industry needing reliable, well-built tactical backpacks
Full Forge Gear's unique selling position was that they offered rugged, well-built gear at much more economical prices than many of the larger national brands.
With more than 20 years of web design experience, we understand the challenges that Full Forge Gear and other new companies face. The Internet is one place where a "book is absolutely judged by its cover."
A well-designed and eye-catching website can convey professionalism and quality to potential customers. That is why we are so intentional about creating an inviting user experience while following best practices for search engine optimization (SEO).
What we did.
- Conducted research to identify how the competition was positioning their products.
- Carefully selected and developed graphics that would appeal to both of Full Forge Gear's intended audiences.
- Designed and developed the website using non-proprietary, industry-standard technology and methods to allow the site to be easily moved to another hosting company if the client ever needed.
- Made sure the website was built to automatically resize itself depending on the device used to view it (PC, laptop, phone, tablet).
- Provided copywriting services that wove both specifications and narrative into an informative, customer-friendly description.
- Incorporated best practices into the site for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes.
What we continue to do.
- Provide copywriting services as new products are added.
- Update product descriptions, prices etc. as requested by Full Forge Gear.
- Provide 2A friendly site management services including:
- Website hosting
- Visitor analytics
- Security patches
- Programming updates
- Scheduled backups